Finding Your New Home
Beginning the search for your new home can be a great feeling. It is important that you directly communicate what you desires in a home are to your real estate agent.
You may want to first begin by making a list of the features and benefits that are most important in your pursuit of finding a home. These could be:
Looking for a home in an area where you feel comfortable is key. If appropriate, instruct your real estate agent to look for homes in the specific areas you have designated.
Starting Your Home Search
Now it is time to start the exciting search for homes! You may want to narrow down your search by asking yourself the following questions:
- Where do I want to live?
- What is the neighborhood like?
- What is the crime rate?
- Would I be moving into a good school district?
- Are there any zoning restrictions?
- How far is this home from my job?
- What is my price range?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do I want?
- What style of house am I attracted to?
- What amenities do I desire (ex. pool, fenced-in yard, etc.)?
- Does this home have potential to increase in value?
- Is there room to expand if I would like to build an addition?
Searching for a home is becoming easier than years ago. We now have the Internet as a powerful “home finding tool,” as well as the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) and print advertising.